Two-factor authentication, or 2FA, is an additional layer of security known as multifactor authentication that requires not only a password and username but also something that only that user has on them.
We suggest the following for strong security:
- Create a secure password.
- Do not give out your login details to anybody else.
- Use two-factor authentication for all users.
Tilaa supports Google Authenticator and other compatible authenticator applications for two-factor authentication (2FA). Yubikey and one-time-use emergency backup codes are also supported by Tilaa.
What exactly is Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator is a program that provides two-step verification services by using a time-based one-time password. The Authenticator generates a 6-to-8-digit one-time password that users must enter along with their username and password to log in.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication:
1. Go to http://cloud.tilaa.com and login with your MyTilaa account.
2. When you are logged in, click on your name in the right upper corner
3. Here you can select "Setup Multi-Factor Authentication"
4. You will be asked to login to your account again, and you will get prompt with a QR code to scan.
5. Fill in the 6-digit code generated on your phone, and enter a device name of your choice.
6. You will get forwarded back to http://cloud.tilaa.com
I've lost access to my 2FA
Did you lose access to your 2FA device and are you unable to enter you Tilaa account?
Please contact support. We’re happy to help!