DirectAdmin has a very simple update manager named “custombuild”. This script package allows for the users to install and upgrade services like Apache, PHP, and MySQL from a central place.
Update DirectAdmin on Almalinux / CentOS based systems
1. Connect via SSH to your server.
2. Before upgrading Directadmin, use the following command to see if there are any available updates:
If updates are available, the system will confirm if you want to continue, choose 'y'.
3. The custombuild script should be used to update DirectAdmin:
4. You may use the command to see which updates are available:
This command gives you a list of all the updates that are presently installed, as well as those that may be installed in the future.
5. Use the command to install any available updates:
Because all software is compiled on the server, this update procedure may take some time, depending on the number of updates to be applied and the server's speed/resources.