You can enlarge the partition on a Windows server by yourself. When increasing the disk space on your VPS, you must first assign the additional disk space to a partition so that your operating system can use it.
Please note: Before enlarging a partition, always take a snapshot!
The process of enlarging a partition is error-sensitive, so you should always be able to restore the status of your VPS using a snapshot.
- Go to “Start” – “Administrative Tools” – “Computer Management”. Select “Tools” from the Server Manager to go to “Computer Management.”
- Go to “Disk Management” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- By rescanning your disks (Action > Rescan disks), you can see whether there is any spare space.
- To expand a partition, right-click it. Select 'Extend Volume' from the drop-down menu that appears.
- “Next” should be selected.
- Select 'Next' once again after entering the total number of megabytes you want to add.
- To finish the process and begin using the increased disk space, click 'Finish.'