Tilaa's basic network configuration consists of a single IPv4 address assigned via DHCP. Through your personal dashboard, additional networking capabilities can be requested and assigned immediately.
Ordering additional IPv4 addresses
The dashboard at My Tilaa can be used to order additional IPv4 addresses.
- Log in to your dashboard at My Tilaa.
- Click on VPS and select the VPS you want to request new IPv4.
- Click the Details button under Network box. This takes you to a new page where you can request new IPv4 addresses.
- Select the Request IP address option.
- Select the IPv4 address in the IP version box.
Please note: On the internet, there is an IPv4 shortage, and IPv6 deployment has not yet reached the point where IPv4 can be phased out. That is why, if you want to use several IPv4 addresses, we ask that you provide a valid technical explanation.
- Don't forget to check the box for additional monthly charges at the bottom. After you've given us all the information, select the option: “Request IP address”.
Is my IP address static?
A static IP address is one that will never change, such as the one assigned to your Tilaa server. This is advantageous because you will not have to change your domain names to point to your new IP address. With Tilaa, you will always be assigned a static IP address.